Name:
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Sunday, March 26, 2006

The Night Market

Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
Local Time: Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 10:04am

I feasted at the Chiang Mai Night Market last night. Wow. Fried Noodles with Chicken and lemon juice to drink. Then, I had sticky rice with ripe mango for desert. I was stuffed. It was awesome.

The menu they brought me to choose from was huge. I could eat there every day for weeks.

Afterwards I looked around at the stuff they were selling besides food. Gameboy games, pirated DVDs, cloth and clothing, pictures, drawings, tin sculptures of some kind. Weapons. Wow, they were selling hand guns on the street. Well, maybe they were fake, I didn't pick one up and take a look. However, the butterfly knives looked very real, and the throwing knives of various sizes. Japanese katanas were on display and a couple sword styles I didn't recognize.

Tonight, the Sunday market, where they will have more food. :-)

I need some new shoes too. These ones are starting to come apart.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you really mean sticky rice with black bean sauce or sweet black sticky rice that is generally only found in Thailand? I found a recipe for sweet black sticky rice but nothing with black bean sauce??
www.thaifoodandtravel.com/recipes/bstickr.html

8:19 PM  
Blogger Jaye said...

Nope, I mean sticky rice with a black bean sauce. Well, more specifically I think the sauce is cocanut milk and black beans.

I haven't tried the sweet black sticky rice yet, but I will. I've been eating a lot of sticky rice with ripe mango and coconut milk, which is good.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home