Name:
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Monday, July 10, 2006

Randomness

Location: Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Local Time: Monday, July 10, 2006 - 2:51pm

I finally finished off The Dark Tower, by Stephen King. The end of the Gunslinger series. I personally have been working on that series for about 15 years, however I believe Stephen King has been writing the series (on and off) for over 20 years. I understand from the foreword to the final book that over the years he has had pleas from people to just tell them the end as they are 90+ and won't be around to see the end written, or on death row and won't be around to see the end written.

I guess I shouldn't start any new series in the 20 years before I die. So, no new series after my mid-seventies.

Now I'm waiting for the next book from Terry Goodkind. July 18 I understand it will be released. If I was in Canada, I would be at the bookstore early that morning. Since I'm not, I figure the odds of satisfying my curiousity about the ongoing saga for Richard and company on July 18 is pretty small.

Has anyone seen The World's Fastest Indian, with Anthony Hopkins? Worth it? And please, no anonymous comments about the movie. Anonymous comments have little value to me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dude,

I saw the worlds fastest indian. It's pretty good.
If you love motorcycles and going really fast, then this movies for you.

2:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jake, you're really falling behind with your blog updates man. Don't keep us in suspense over here! Cheers, hope you're having fun.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home