Name:
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I'm Home

Location: Cache Creek, British Columbia, Canada (still the finest country I've ever been to.)
Local Time: Monday, Dec 11, 2006 - 10:04pm

Okay, I'm home, in Canada, in Cache Creek, drinking eggnog and eating mince meat tarts.

You can skip the rest if you want.

Well, I wrapped up training at Cabin Dao on Friday, November 24, 2006. We were going to have a morning session on Saturday morning but Xiao Yun got some kind of food poisoning, and was unable to teach us. He ended up going to the hospital at about noon.

There was a party, with barberque, alcohol and campfires on Saturday night. There were a lot of people there beating on drums, a couple people there swinging poi around, and an odd group of folk dressed in robes.

The party was to celebrate the end of Cabin Dao. The government decided that the land had financial potential, so they ended the existing lease 20 years early, paid no compensation for any improvements and kicked Julie and Xiao Yun off. China.

Sunday I did mostly nothing. Had a nice final breakfast with Sophie (my fellow student) at No. 5 guesthouse (buffet breakfast for 10 yuan, about $1.5 CND). We watched movies and read books in the afternoon at the Lazy Book cafe, then had dinner with Julie and Xiao Yun at a restaurant that, Julie assures me, has the best Chinese food she's had in 5 years of living in China.

Then, we wandered down, I said a quick goodbye to everyone and jumped on the bus. I got in my bed and went to sleep. When I woke up, I was in Kunming. It was really early, so I walked around for a couple hours, then I picked up my plane ticket, went to the airport and flew to Beijing.

It was windy and cold in Beijing, but above 0. It was the wind that was really wicked. I spent a few days reveling in Beijing, one of my favorite Asian cities (below Kuala Lumpur, above Chiang Mai).

Friday, December 1, I flew back to Vancouver. I stayed at Scott Lawrence's house for a couple days, and then rode the Greyhound up to Cache Creek, in the center of BC. There, I surprised my mom and dad, who didn't expect me home for another couple years.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the bloody hell?

1:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!!!!!

1:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Boxing Day!!!!

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year's!!!

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home