Name:
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Book

Location: Nangi, Nepal
Local Time: Saturday, Dec 31, 2005

Well, I finished off the last page of my journal today. That would be the paper journal that I have been writing in since Delhi. I went back to take a look from the beginning. I spent a mere week in India and then left. I've been in Nepal ever since. I sort of knew that, but reading the few pages I wrote in Delhi makes me realize really how little of my time was in India.

I could get one of the cheap notebooks from the store to write in, the kind the students use for homework and exercises. It doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Fortunately, a better option exists. They make paper here in Nangi, and gave me several large sheets. I've folded them up. They are sitting under a pile of books right now getting creased, then I will sew the pages together and make my own journal. I think I'll just just a simple sewing and plan to resew the entire structure into something better when I get back to Canada.

Today, more experimenting with the SBC in an effort to make it talk to the smartBridge. This is pretty essential and we won't be travelling until it works. We need those radios so we can set up a connection to Tatopani. Mahabir plans to open an Internet cafe there, and the tourists can help pay for the Internet connection.

Someone who was over the whole Annapurna Circuit told me that there is satallite Internet near the pass, for about $1 CND / minute. And she said she used it, lots of people did.

I guess I'm not the only one with an Internet addiction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home