Name:
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Friday, December 30, 2005

Those Darn Mice

Location: Nangi, Nepal
Local Time: Friday, Dec 30, 2005 - 6:21pm

It is now a race. It is a half hour after dark, and the Internet could cut out at any time because of the solar powered relays on the mountain peaks. So, if I post this tomorrow, I lost the race. Otherwise, I'm still a fast typer and employable.

Get this. Over night the mice chewed through another cross over cable that goes through the wall. We just put the darn thing in yesterday, and today when I went to hook the SBC up to it, no signal. We could get power over the cable (Power over Ethernet = PoE), but there was no ethernet connection. Suspicious, as I so often am these days, I unhooked the cable, went outside and pulled it through the wall. They chewed through 3 inches of outer coating and a twisted pair of wires. The green and green-white wires, in case you were wondering.

Buddhists believe that all life is precious, and that a mouse, or a mosquito, are reincarnated souls that were once human and will be again.

So, I'm not suppose to want to fumagate the darn mice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home