Name:
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The Nursery

Location: Nangi, Nepal
Local Time: Dec 11, 2005

Moti took Tammy and I on a tour of the nursery today. There they raise a variety of seedlings including comfrey, orange trees, cherry trees, the plant they use to make paper and some medicinal plants I can't remember the names of.

Some seedlings are raised here, then sold. Some are transplanted into the fields not far off.

The cherry trees and the orange trees don't grow this high up in the mountains, so they are always sold to people at lower elevations.

They plant they use to make paper are a kind of a shrub, I think. Anyway, the entire plant is not harvested for paper, only mature branches are cut off, when they start to blacken slightly.

I really wish I could see the paper making process, but it is not the season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home