Name:
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Laundry Day

Location: Nangi, Nepal
Local Time: Dec 6, 2005 - 12:31pm

I'm starting to loose track of the days here. Matt, one of the other volunteers, fixed an awesome pasta with mushrooms last night. Very nicely done.

I did some laundry today. All by hand of course. Wet the cloths (water is very cold, but warmer than glacier run off), scrub them with some soap, then scrub the cloths together to work the soap in, rinse and hang to dry.

I did 2 socks and my long underwear (which have been on me WAY too long) before my hands became so numb I couldn't feel them any more. This should have been my signal to continue to do laundry, since there was no more pain involved, but I wimped out. I'll boil some water and go back later. I just had a couple of really important items to hang up so they could start drying.

It doesn't actually snow here, but every morning there is more frost than the morning before. Some places I have seen that are in the shade all day long are frosted all day long. And one pond I saw that was half in the shade was frozen.

So, definately below 0 at night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home