Name:
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Doi Inthanon

Location: Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Local Time: Sunday, August 20, 2006

Hello loyal fans. I'm back.

We went for a motorcycle ride to Doi Inthanon yesterday, the highest point in Thailand. See me?



There I am, the at the second highest point in Thailand. (Obviously the highest point is on top of that sign, but I didn't climb up there.)

As it turns out, Doi Inthanon is the tail end of the Himalayas. But I've already been to the Himalayas, so no big thrill there.

On the way up the mountain we stopped at a wat (temple).



We had the red Honda CB 400 from Tony's Motorcycles in Chiang Mai, the CB 400 there which has the most comfortable seat. Unfortunately the big was in less than perfect condition. It started making rubbing noises on the way home. The right front calipers were sticking making the brake shoes push slightly against the disk all the time, and the chain had a good 2 inches of slack. That is why we have shaft drives. I am not looking forward to dealing with a chain drive bike when I get home. I've never yet owned one, but I believe all the bikes I'm currently interested in are chain drives. Darn it.

Quick run to the mall after we got back to sell Val's cell phone. Did you know the stores will buy your old cell phones here in Thailand? I think she got about half price. She bought it about 3 months ago.

Then, one last breakfast burrito at Art's Cafe. What a perfect combination of fried potatoes, eggs, cheese and onion, wrapped in a flour tortilla with a little salsa on the top. Awesome.

At 1 am I woke up and went out to Mike's Original, a little burger stand open until 3 am each morning. Their motto is, Converting Vegetarians since 1979. I can believe it. Those are possibly the best burgers I've ever had. I'm a big fan of the double mushroom and cheese burger, but for my last Mike's meal, I had a nice bacon and cheese. I'm getting hungry again just thinking about it.

By the way, did I mention it, we're outta here. Leaving for Chiang Rai today. This should be my last posting from Chiang Mai. So, I say adios.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home